PROCEED TO ORDER
You have created the directory structure and some base files to be used by the Web server and Web site. For the Web site to be created in a production environment, you need to package your commands in a script so that the patching team can run them on the production environment. Your task for this assignment is the following:
Create a Bourne shell script. The script should do the following:
- Explain what the script will do and who is the author in a comment area.
- cd to your home directory
- Show your current working directory.
- List the contents of the current directory.
- Create the directory structure and create the files as defined in the previous Individual Project.
- For each directory and file, test to see if the file or directory already exists; if it does exist, do not recreate; if it is missing, create it.
- In the end, generate a directory listing showing the structure and content of the new directories.
- At the beginning of the script, set a variable called INSTALL_DIRECTORY that will contain the location of the directory into which the Web server will be installed. At the end of the script, display the contents of this variable along with a message to the installer about the location in which the directories were created.
A small hint for creating the content of the httpd.conf file: use the echo command in your script. The script is not interactive and should create all objects automatically. Also, the ServerRoot and DocumentRoot should contain correct values based on your directory names.
PROCEED TO ORDER
Prior to beginning this journal entry, read “First Language Acquisition” (pp. 198-204) and “Second Language Learning” (pp. 205-211) in your required text, as well as the required article, “Understanding Reading Anxiety: New Insights from Neuroscience.” It is important for you to have already completed your initial discussion posts before you complete this journal entry.
Part 1: As you were reading this week, what vocabulary was used that was unfamiliar to you or might be to your peers? Identify three to five words from this week’s content and research each word in the context of learning and cognition. Explain, in your own words, what each word means and how it is used in the context of learning and cognition.
Part 2: Based on the week’s discourse and content, you will access the Ashford University Library and research one scholarly article pertaining to “reading comprehension and second language” published within the last ten years. Provide a summary explanation of the findings in the context of your article. What implications should scholars consider based on this information? Support your explanation utilizing your course sources and your researched article.
Part 3: Consider the events from the past week of your life. How does the ability to read and write effectively affect our behaviors, actions, and knowledge development? Describe one personal real-life example of an occurrence that indicates the possible consequences when reading and writing acquisition are not well-developed or when language development creates boundaries, such as educational or employment opportunities. As you share this information, consider and apply the professional standards found in “12.06 Anonymity of Sources”found in the AERA Code of Ethics.
Each journal entry should be 400 to 700 words in length and should establish your understanding of the content, apply appropriate methods of ethical practices, and exhibit appropriate scaffolding of personal experience to the week’s content.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your journal entry.
PROCEED TO ORDER
Practice Sampling Problems This exercise gives you an opportunity to practice some of the sampling techniques described in the chapter. The following is a list of the states in the United States (abbreviated) and their populations in 2005 to the nearest tenth of a million.
1 1.Number the states from 01 to 50, entering the numbers next to the abbreviated name on the list.
- Use the random number table in Appendix E and select enough two-digit numbers to provide a sample of12 states. Write all the numbers and cross out the ones you don’t use.
- List the 12 states that make it into your random sample.
4Now, if you have easy access to the Internet locate the Research Randomizer (http://randomizer.org/)and draw one set of 12numbers from 01 to50 from it. Then list the 12states that would make it into your random sample this time.
- This time, take a stratified random sample of 10 states, one of which has a population of 10 million or more and nine of which have populations of less than10 million. List the states you chose. 6.How might you draw a quota sample of 10 states ,one of which has a population of 10 million or more and nine of which have populations of less than10 million? A.Describe one way of doing this B.describe, in your own words, the most important differences between the sampling procedures used inQuestions5and6a.
This is a random sampling chart I parentheses at least 13 numbers for you to use because the copy and paste did not space them if you would like you can use others the numbers are grouped in four at a time but only the last two numbers are used which I highlighted in yellow.
Putting Measurement to Work this exercise gives you the opportunity to develop a measurement strategy of your own.
1.Identify and area of the social sciences you know something about (aging, marriage and the family, crime and criminal justice, social problems, social class, and so on).
- Identify a concept (e.g. attitudes towards elderly, marital satisfaction, delinquency, social class) that receives attention in this area and that interests you.
- 3.Describe how you might conceptualize this concept.
4.Describe one or more measurement strategies you might use to operationalize this concept. List at least one or more indicators and two or more categories.
5.Identify the level measurement of this concept given the operationalization you suggested. Give support for your answer.
6.Discuss the liability of your measurement strategy. How might you check there liability of this strategy?
7.Discuss the validity of your measurement strategy. How might you check the validity of this strategy?
PROCEED TO ORDER
The paper must be one to two pages, excluding the title page and references page(s), and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center
Address all of the following parts of this assignment:
Prepare a one- to two-page double-spaced outline of your Final Paper.
The outline must contain the following major sections that will exist in the Final Paper:
A description of a business situation that presents a legal and ethical issue.
A description of at least two ethical theories under which the situation will be analyzed.
An explanation of the specific areas of law under which the situation will be analyzed.
The outline must be accompanied by a reference page that includes at least 10 scholarly sources that will be used in your Final Paper.
Submit a one- to two-page paper (not including title and reference pages). Your paper must be formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide and must cite at least 10 scholarly sources in addition to the textbook
PROCEED TO ORDER
Scenario: In Week 3, you selected a product or service that you believe your organization should invest capital resources to develop the product or service for sale. To speed up the new product investment, you decide to write a memo proposing and advocating for the launch of a new product or service to the company president.
Create a memo proposal using the AIDA model in a Microsoft® Word in a minimum of 1,400 words. You will add an introduction and conclusion, and your paper will include the following components:
- Convince your audience to invest capital resources to develop the product or service you intend to sell and explain your rationale. See Figure 9.5 – Persuasive Message Using AIDA model.
- Gain credibility (for yourself and your request) and (2) to make your readers believe that helping your product/service will indeed benefit the company. Close with a request for some specific action, and make that course of action as easy to follow as possible to maximize the chances of a positive response.
- Include secondary research to support your argument, related to your product and/or service.
- Explain what you will do in case the selected product or service does not initially sell as much as expected.
- Indicate potential digital channels for marketing your product or service.
- Consider cross-cultural and multinational implications.
Note: Main points from this memo will be included in the Week 5 Persuasive Presentation.
The following guidelines will help you effectively format specific memo elements, Business Communication Essentials, 7/e (Pg. 410):
- Addressees. When sending a memo to a long list of people, include the notation See distribution list or See below in the position at the top; then list the names at the end of the memo. Arrange this list alphabetically, except when high-ranking officials deserve more prominent placement. You can also address memos to groups of people–All Sales Representatives, Production Group, New Product Team.
- Courtesy titles. You need not use courtesy titles anywhere in a memo; first initials and last names, first names, or even initials alone are often sufficient. However, use a courtesy title if you would use one in a face-to-face encounter with the person.
- Subject line. The subject line of a memo helps busy colleagues quickly find out what your memo is about, so take care to make it concise and compelling.
- Body. Start the body of the memo on the second or third line below the heading. Like the body of a letter, it’s usually single-spaced with blank lines between paragraphs. Indenting paragraphs is optional. Handle lists, important passages, and subheadings as you do in letters.
- Writer’s initials. Unlike a letter, a memo doesn’t require a complimentary close or a signature, because your name is already prominent at the top. However, you may initial the memo–either beside the name appearing at the top of the memo or at the bottom of the memo.
PROCEED TO ORDER
Please help in answering this questions in 150 words or more.
Considering that some who study business may not become chief executive officers or work in upper management, why should strategic management matter to all members and layers of an organization?
PROCEED TO ORDER
new: two pages discussion and followed by two responses letter.
Read Taking Stock: A Comparative Analysis of Payments for Environmental Services Programs in Developed and Developing Countries.
Discuss the arguments made in the article and evaluate their modeling techniques using the author’s assumptions
PROCEED TO ORDER
David, F. R., & David, F. R. (2015). Strategic management: A competitive advantage approach, concepts and cases [VitalSource Bookshelf version] (15th ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com/textbooks?term=9780133740356
Describe the strategic management process, and include how it is used by organizations. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
What is the difference between long-range planning and strategic planning? Explain your answer. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
Are “strategic management” and “strategic planning” synonymous terms? Explain. Your response should be at least 75 words in length.
Within this unit, we discussed how businesses may need to adapt to changing times in order to stay competitive. Their initial practices may have worked well previously, but may not serve them well in the long term. The newspaper industry is one that may face extinction. Explain why they may need to rethink their business strategy, and provide some advice on possible strategic management changes. Be specific to include goals/objects, strengths, and weaknesses. Your response should be at least 200 words in length.
Colleges and universities, like all business, have strengths, weaknesses, and competitors. What would you consider to be an online university’s internal strengths and weaknesses? Why? Also, who would you say are the competitors to online universities? What are three external opportunities and three external threats? Your response should be at least 200 words in length.